Located in the northwestern corner of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Winchester, Virginia is home to 26,203 residents. The community of Winchester is nestled in the Shenandoah Valley, located between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Allegheny Mountains. With easy access to Washington D.C. located only 75 miles west, Winchester boasts a historic downtown center with must see sites such as John Handley High School, Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters Museum and the Adam Kurtz House. Winchester is famously known for its annual Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival held the first weekend of May since 1924 which includes a carnival, parades, several parties and a coronation where the Apple Blossom Queen is crowned. In fact, the town is known as the “apple capital of the world!” With warm summers and mild to cold winters, residents enjoy the benefits of small town living with convenient access to a metropolitan city within minutes.
The Team – The Hospital
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist at Winchester Medical Center, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
- 445 bed regional referral center serving roughly 400,000 residents in the “Top of Virginia” region
- Established 13 physician team
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- Nocturnists on Hospitalist team thus limiting night shift requirement
- Full subspecialty support to include Intensivist, Cardiology, Interventional Radiology, Anesthesia, Surgery to name a few
- Open ICU with Intensivist support
- Hospitalists not required to perform procedures
- Meditech EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- No visa sponsorship available
- Resident physicians welcome to apply
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.