The second largest state in the US, Texas - aka the "Lone Star State" - features a treasure of natural resources and cultural charms. Located in the south central part of the country, Texas offers a range of backdrops, from desert regions and cave systems to mountains, canyons, and the magnificent coastal scenery along the Gulf of Mexico. Its first-class cities are also a big draw and are packed with tourist attractions including San Antonio's superb River Walk, the Alamo and the galleries and museums of Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston; the State Capitol, Austin; and the Space Center in Houston. Texas is also one of the most multicultural states with Spanish influences still evident thanks to its status as a former colony of Spain.
San Jacinto Medical Center, located in Baytown, Texas, is situated just 30 minutes southeast of downtown Houston in the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugarland metropolitan area. Of the 10 most populous US cities, Houston has the most total area of parks and green spaces. Home to more than 337 parks and green spaces, Houston offers more than 56,405 acres of public outdoor areas, including the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center and the Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park. Additionally, according to a 2011 study by Walk Score, Houston ranks as the 23rd most walkable of the 50 largest cities in the United States. With a thriving local culture, opportunities for entertainment throughout the metropolitan area and plenty of opportunity to spend time outdoors, Baytown and the surrounding metropolitan area make a wonderful place to live and work.
The Hospital – The Team
Houston Methodist’s teams of surgeons, physicians, researchers and other experts collaborate to solve medicine’s biggest challenges and turn discoveries into new therapies and treatments. Our drive for innovation is rooted in the legacy created by world-renowned cardiac surgeon Dr. Michael E. DeBakey. He performed the first coronary artery bypass surgery in Texas, and pioneered surgical advances, which have become universal practices. Since opening its doors in April 1948, Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital has provided our community with quality medical care. Through the years, we’ve grown with the community, enhancing and expanding our services every step of the way. Today, Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital offers comprehensive care for patients at every stage of life.
The exceptional treatments, care and services we deliver are the result of our appreciation for the estimated 18,000 employees and 4,000 doctors who staff our hospitals, research institute and imaging, emergency and rehabilitation centers. FORTUNE magazine included Houston Methodist on its annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list 10 consecutive years.
- Join this established 10 physician team
- 270-bed facility
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- Capped census
- Open 24 bed ICU
- No procedures required
- Full spectrum of specialties
- H1B eligible facility; Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
- Teaching Opportunity with a Family Medicine residency program
- Affiliated with top-ranked Weill Cornell Medical Collegeand New York- Presbyterian Hospital. Also affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, the University of Houston, Texas A&M University and University of Texas Medical Branch
- Access SoundInstitute™learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- To illustrate the utmost confidence in your success, a competitive salary, WRVU-based productivity plan and complete benefits package are in place –the only thing missing is you!
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.