We are seeking a referral and would appreciate your assistance.
Do you know of an IM/FP seeking a Hospitalist position in beautiful Pennsylvania?
We are not accepting Visa candidates - reference: HR
A young and thriving 80-bed hospital located in central Pennsylvania, which is dedicated to promoting behavioral health wellness through the provision of high quality health care to people across the lifespan- from young children to senior citizens is looking to hire a board certified IM/FP who will treat patients in an hospitalist setting. Details are as follows:
• The Physician is responsible of treating children, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and patients with medical comorbidities.
• Hospital averages7-8 admissions daily
• Work with a team of physicians, NP’s, residents and full support staff
• This Physician is responsible for the provision and monitoring of medical care and services to the inpatients throughout the hospital.
• Conduct admitting medical history and physical examinations of each patient within twenty-four (24) hours of admission.
• Participate in interdisciplinary meetings with medical and support staff to assure quality patient care.
• Provide weekday phone back up coverage as scheduled to patients in the hospital, which is compensated extra. (Never a need to come in while on call and frequency of phone calls are rare)
• When called upon recommend a decision to admit, deny, refer, or further evaluation such as additional tests, for the referred individual.
• Identifies medical performance improvement objectives and participates in the collection, analysis, and recommendations of the activity. Attends and participates in performance improvement activities and meetings such as the Quality Council. Is a member of the Board Quality Committee.
• Five (5) years of experience as a physician in the provision of high quality medical care to children, adolescents, adults, and older adults.
• One (1) year of experience working with patients in a behavioral health setting and coordinating their medical care with Psychiatrists and other members of the Treatment Team.
• Experience in the supervision of licensed Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants physicians in such a setting is preferred.
• Possession of a current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania issued by the State Board of Medicine or the State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Board certified in Internal or Family Medicine.
Benefits: Vacation and Extended Illness Bank, Paid holidays, Medical coverage (2 plans offered), Dental coverage & Vision coverage, Retirement – 403B Plan with employer matching contribution, Company Paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent care,Tuition Reimbursement, CME with stipend, Employee Assistance Program, Relocation assistance
Harrisburg, PA is the capital of Pennsylvania and is located in Dauphin County, which is situated along the banks of the Susquehanna River. The city is only 40 miles to Lancaster, PA, 80 miles from Baltimore, MD, 100 miles to Philadelphia, PA and 200 miles to Pittsburgh, PA. Transportation to Harrisburg is easy via Amtrak’s Keystone Service that offers convenient and affordable rail service between Harrisburg and New York City via Philadelphia. Most physicians live in the affluent towns which surround the city and is less than 15 minutes from the hospital. The area offers a number of cultural and recreational activities, an affordable cost of living, and excellent private and public schools, which makes it a great place to raise a family.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.