The Team - The Hospital
Sentara Albemarle Hospital is a 182-bed, non-profit facility that is a part of Sentara Health and is northeastern North Carolina’s largest regional health and wellness provider. In the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations most recent survey, Albemarle was ranked in the top ten percent of hospitals. Also, in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services latest reporting period, patients ranked Albemarle Hospital “Best Possible Hospital” more often than the national benchmarks.
Albemarle further shows its quality by outranking the national average for physician and nurse communication with patients, staff responsiveness, pain management and explanation of medications, cleanliness of hospital rooms and bathrooms, and patient information discharge for 2012. Albemarle also had zero medication errors of harm, zero cases of ventilator-associated pneumonia and a 100 percent best care score for heart attack patients in 2012.
- Close knit team of 10 hospitalists and hospitalist RN
- Full-time: Flexible schedule options!
- Great subspecialty support
- Hospitalists run codes
- Open ICU - will work with intensivist group to manage the ICU
- Procedures, central lines, intubations, and vent management are beneficial but not required
- Meditech EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- Access our physician-developed workflow and informatics platform,SoundConnect™ streamlining workflow and communication
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply!
To illustrate the utmost confidence in your success, a competitive salary, WRVU-based productivity plan and complete benefits package are in place – the only thing missing is you!
Location & Lifestyle
Elizabeth City, NC is known as the Harbor of Hospitality, located 45 minutes from Norfolk, VA, and has the scenic beauty of Cape Hattarasand the Outer banks. It is less than an hour fromVirginia Beach, Busch Gardens, Chesapeake and historic Williamsburg and Nags Head, NC. Ranked byMoney Magazine as one of the Best place to Live on the Coast, the area offers affordable living and waterfront properties. Imagine waking up to the breathtaking view of the Albemarle Sound with dolphins swimming through calm waters, walk out to the pier to set sail or relax on your deck overlooking the natural beauty of Coastal Carolina’s waterway. Observe nature at its best with an area that boasts a good quality of life with affordable living and abundant activities for the whole family.
The community offers art, downtown Waterfront Market theatre, outdoor festivals and an abundance of recreational activities. Learn to set sail with instructional camps and tutorage from the marina for children of all ages. Crabbing, shrimping and fishing abound including local fishing tournaments. The area provides sporting events for all ages with a 2A baseball team in the nearby town of Edenton. Albemarle Plantation is an established gated residential golf and marina community with luxurious waterfront homes located on the beautiful Albemarle Sound. The Whalehead Club Outer Banks has 39 acres of pristine water front property. Two nearby schools include Norfolk Collegiate School with expansive Athletic programs and the Academy of Greenbrier Christian Academy in Chesapeake, VA. At the collegiate level, Elizabeth City State University (ECSU) is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, having master degree programs with over 2700 students.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.