Buffalo is the second largest city in the state with a population of approximately 1.3 million in the surrounding metropolitan area. Residents of Western New York enjoy the cosmopolitan lifestyle of cities such as Buffalo and Niagara Falls which is just 30 minutes away, combined with the small town character of quaint communities nestled into the surrounding countryside. And just across the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo, Canada brings an international flair to the area, including the excitement of Toronto, a mere 90 minutes away. With housing costs among the lowest in the Northeast, Forbes has named Buffalo as one of the most affordable housing markets in the country. The city is proud of its outstanding quality of life, fine schools, excellent healthcare and a wide variety of housing choices. Perfect for families, Buffalo boasts a strong education system and low cost of living. Buffalo was named by American Style Magazine as the No. 1 mid-size city in the US and was ranked 42 out of 100 best places to live.
The Team – The Hospital
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, a 440 bed non profit, community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
- Blocked schedules with focus on continuity of care
- Excellent compensation with 15 shifts per month
- Large teaching facility with teaching services
- Hospitalists apart of Rapid Response Team
- Coordination with patient’s PCP, hospital, and/or health plan for all ancillary services related to inpatient episode and all discharge planning needs.
- Providing medical coordination and inpatient utilization management for surgical patients.
- Open Medicine ICU and CCU. Open Surgery ICU – Hospitalist admit patients to ICU
- Central lines and intubations required; Sound will facilitate procedure training for interested candidates
- No Call Environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1b cap-exempt facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
As a Hospitalist with Sound Physicians, you will work in a culture of integrity and enjoy a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.