The town of Cheektowaga is located in the north-central part of Erie County and is the 2nd largest suburb of Buffalo, NY next to Amherst. Located just 15 minutes from downtown Buffalo, Cheektowaga has a population of approximately 90,000 and is also home to the Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Buffalo, NY is the 2nd largest city in New York, boasting a population of approximately 1.3 million. Not only is Buffalo only 30 minutes from scenic Niagara Falls, but just across the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo, Canada brings an international flair to the area, including the excitement of Toronto, a mere 90 minutes away. Forbes magazine named Buffalo the most affordable city in the country in 2014. The city is proud of its outstanding quality of life, fine schools, excellent healthcare and affordable housing and cost of living.
The Team – The Hospital
St Joseph's Hospital, located in Cheektowaga, NY and owned by one of the top 100 integrated healthcare systems in the country, is a 119 bed facility provides the community with quality, compassionate care. Healthcare services provided at this hospital include cardiopulmonary diagnostic services, critical care, inpatient medical and surgical services, ambulatory services and palliative care services.
- Blocked schedules with focus on continuity of care
- Excellent compensation with 15 shifts per month
- Some cross-coverage as needed of patients admitted to the hospitalist service
- Admit medical and surgical patients 16 years of age or older (adult), excluding obstetrical
- Not affiliated with the hospital teaching program
- Open Medicine ICU, Intensivists available for consultation
- Hospitalists run codes and are part of rapid response team
- Central lines and intubations required; Sound will facilitate procedures training for interested candidates
- No Call Environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.