Located in New Brunswick, NJ, the hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of central New Jersey for more than a century. From our simple beginnings in 1907, we have grown to become a technologically advanced, 478-bed teaching hospital that provides a broad array of services to the community.
We bring the latest medical practices and highly skilled professionals to the bedside. We treat more than 30,000 inpatients and more than 200,000 outpatients annually. We employ 2,800 healthcare professionals and support personnel, and more than 900 physicians and dentists have privileges at our facility.
- There are a total of 4 hospitalists
- No critical care
- Work schedule/shifts 8am to 5pm and one weekend per month,
- Call schedule-call is evenly distributed ,
- Do not have a full EMR yet, but we do have many components up, like CPOE, lab, rad, diagnostics. Physician notes still on paper, but can dictate.
- Open ICU
- Have specialists in many disciplines available for consult, etc.
- Hospital earned an “A” grade in the Fall 2015
- recently opened its newly constructed adult and pediatric emergency departments that expanded its square footage from 18,000 square feet to approximately 29,000 square feet. The new emergency department, large enough to easily treat 70,000 to 75,000 patients a year,
- In addition there is a new front entrance, a redesigned visitors’ area, a new and larger entranceway for ambulances with increased ambulance parking.
- The Emergency Department now holds 56 beds – the vast majority of those four-wall private rooms. A small number of others – so-called “curtained rooms” – are in the fast-track area.
In support of our mission to provide quality medical education, we are a major clinical affiliate of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. The health system also sponsors residency programs in internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and pediatrics that are approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education