The city of Kalamazoo is based in the southwest region of Michigan. Kalamazoo is mainly situated along the bank of a major southwest bend in the Kalamazoo River and its northeastern part of the city lies flat in the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city once was the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who sometime before the first millennium, had migrated to Kalamazoo. There is still evidence that remains of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is the home to the start of Gibson Guitar Corporation which produces some of the finest quality guitars today. Western Michigan University resides in the city of Kalamazoo along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities in the country and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo, Michigan is largely due to its college-town atmosphere and has become an area for arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held on an annual basis.
Who are we?
Sound Physicians a nationwide-group of Physicians dedicated to the principles of quality, service, team work, innovation, and integrity. Since our founding in 2001 by Physician and CEO, Dr. Rob Bessler, we have sought to improve the healthcare environment for our providers and our patients alike. By closely monitoring quality metrics, we can determine better methods of care and assure physicians a healthy work/life balance.
We have the basics covered, too.
Not only will you become a part of an established organization with a strong reputation in the medical community, this position also provides you with full benefits as well as liability insurance. After two years of service with Sound, you’ll also have the opportunity to become a partner in our organization - ensuring yet another way that your voice is heard.
You are the heart of what we do.
Join our 25 physician hospitalist team at Borgess Medical Center, an Ascension Health System hospital, as they strive to provide the Kalamazoo community with high quality healthcare. Our physicians come from all over and are united in a shared passion for their patients and for the community they find themselves a part of.
- 330 bed, non-profit regional health system
- Rapid Response Team under Critical Care handles RRTs and Codes
- No call
- Closed ICU
- Cerner EMR
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1b physicians welcome to apply (not open to J1 visa candidates at this time)
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.