The Team – The Hospital
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center is a 233-bed acute care hospital serving the Lewiston and Auburn areas of Maine and 40 minutes north of Portland.
- Member of Covenant Health Systems and recognized for achievements in quality, patient safety and other areas. The hospitalist team lives the hospital values: respect, excellence, compassion and stewardship.
- Affiliation with the Tufts Maine Track program. Medical Students from Tufts University are provided additional training and mentorship in several rural Maine programs
- Established Program and dedicated team of 6 physicians with dedicated HRN
- Group employment opportunity with full benefits
- Rotating shifts – 7 days on, 7 days off for a sustainable lifestyle
- 12-hour shifts during day and night
- Enjoy 3 weeks additional time off compared to a traditional 182 shift Hospitalist schedule.
- Manageable census of 13 to 16 patients per day allowing you to spend the time you need with patients and their families
- Open ICU with excellent on-staff sub-specialty backup
- No procedures required
- ER physicians run hospital codes
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- J1 eligible facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
- Open to internal and/or family medicine trained physicians
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply
Sound Physicians has a robust internal support team:
- Staffing coordinator who is responsible for scheduling/logistics
- Hospitalist RN who partners with you in improving performance and outcomes by focusing on education, tracking and reporting data
- Regional operations manager who provide weekly drill down reports to help manage team performance; the chief benefits from utilizing the robust data reporting from Sound Physicians to continuously improve operations
- Regional leadership team mentors and supports you in driving performance and value for your patients and hospital partner
- And many others who provide education, training, and guidance in the areas of documentation, coding, compliance, performance management, physician development, and more!
Location and Lifestyle
Lewiston boasts numerous destination restaurants and festivals, community-building events like a weekly Farmer’s Market and monthly Art Walk, and an active arts and culture calendar of events. In addition to outdoor recreation opportunities right here in town (e.g., hiking at Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary or kayaking on the Androscoggin River), we are less than an hour’s drive from the ocean, the mountains, and any number of gorgeous lakes and interesting towns and small cities. (Living and working in Lewiston, ME)
- World-class hiking, sailing, skiing, and beaches combined with affordable living opportunities make for a high-quality lifestyle
- Excellent private and public school systems
- Centrally located ½ hour to Portland, ME and Augusta, ME. Easily catch a flight to anywhere in the country via Portland International Jetport
- Virtual Tour of Lewiston, ME
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Ben Housley at 615-483-1809 or email at email@example.com. All inquiries held in confidence.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.