Join a team of 10 dedicated hospitalists at Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa, a 350 bed regional, referral teaching hospital that is committed to providing compassionate & personalized care through cutting edge technology. The hospital serves a 14-county area encompassing a population of 220,000 residents.
Our physicians in Mason City/Clear Lake have support with all the diagnostic technology needed to provide quality care, including: CT, MRI, PET, & Pathologists with an accredited full service laboratory. A full range of medical & surgical subspecialties are available including: Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Nephrology, Interventional Radiology, a comprehensive Cancer Center, & more.
- Extremely competitive compensation + bonuses
- No procedures required
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist Support
- No call environment
- Opportunity to teach residents (if interested)
- Cerner EMR
- Very Flexible block schedule available for a sustainable career
- 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm & also 10 hour swing shifts available - shift differential available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1b cap exempt facility; will start green card process within first 30 days on the job
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
- Chief Hospitalist opportunity available at this location
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
Location and Lifestyle
Mason City/Clear Lake is a hub for activity in Northern Iowa/Southern Minnesota, Mason City/Clear Lake has a combined population of 45,000+. This family oriented community boasts an extremely low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent school systems (public and private) with a full array of extra-curricular activities as well as accelerated programs; fine arts museum, dance studios, performing arts theaters, multiplex movie theaters, and a regional orchestra. Other activities available include the indoor ice facility, home to NAHL’s Junior A North Iowa hockey team, Outdoor activities abound with golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, hiking, biking, hunting and fishing. Sailing and boating are available in Clear Lake which is a vacationers paradise. The region is bustling and progressive with a sound economy supported by diverse businesses and industries.
Mason City/Clear Lake does have a small regional airport with flights to Minneapolis and Chicago. If you prefer to drive, you can find an international airport within approx. 115 miles. Minneapolis, Des Moines, and Cedar Rapids are all within a few hours away. Rochester and Cedar Falls/Waterloo are even closer. You really live the best of all worlds in this outstanding community.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.