The Team - The Hospital
Join a team of 11 dedicated hospitalists and 6 advanced practitioners at Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids, a 242-bed not-for-profit hospital. Mercy Medical is known in eastern Iowa for medical excellence & providing compassionate care over a Century. Focused on Quality, the hospital enjoys 100% private patient rooms & has been ranked as one of the nation’s “Top 100” hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for three consecutive years. The hospital now has more than 2,100 employees & includes all specialties.
- No Procedures Required
- Open ICU with 24/7 intensivist support
- No Call Environment
- Epic EMR
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career creating a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- J1 approved facility
- Visa sponsorship may be available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
Location and Lifestyle
Located in Eastern Iowa, just a short 30 minute drive from Iowa City and The University of Iowa, the residents of Cedar Rapids enjoy a well-balanced quality of life that is the cornerstone to the town’s mind-set. Cedar Rapids is among Forbes Magazine’s top 20 best places to live and Parenting Magazine has named the city as “One of the 10 best cities in the United States to raise a family”. The Eastern Iowa area has one of the best educational systems in America, Cedar Rapids’ schools are among the top in the state. The city maintains outdoor and indoor ice rinks, public golf courses, cross-country ski trails, a toboggan run, municipal swimming pools, public tennis courts, and more than 40 baseball, softball and soccer fields. There are registered historic buildings to modern architecture to country living on acres of land, the area has housing to meet any family’s interests.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.