Hospitalist Medical Director
Mercy Medical Center Merced
We are looking for a Hospitalist Medical Director for our well established program at Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMCM). This busy 26 bed emergency department sees an average of 72,000 patients annually. There are 45 hours of physician coverage daily and 40 hours of AHP coverage. MMCM provides the opportunity to teach in the Family Practice Residency Program.
A little about the Program:
- Stroke Center, STEMI pending
- Cerner EMR and scribes on every shift
- Excellent Clinical Compensation
- Generous Medical Director stipend
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Residency Trained and Board Certified/Eligible
- Must have some leadership experience
- At least one year experience in an Associate Medical Director or Medical Director role preferred
About the Community:
Merced is located in the heart of California’s agricultural Central Valley. It’s a dynamic, mid-size community, with a friendly small town atmosphere. UC Merced provides new educational and economic opportunities to the already established growth of the region. Merced’s population is youthful and diverse and includes an affordable housing market and within 2 to 3 hours of San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Yosemite and the Wine Country.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.