Emergency Medicine Physician
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Los Angeles, California
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital will be one of the most modern hospitals in southern California. It will offer the most advanced and innovative healthcare technology, and the best medical equipment available today. The new hospital will have 131 beds providing general acute care. It will feature a 21-bed emergency department, a critical care unit, and labor and delivery services. It will include radiology and imaging as well as additional hospital-based services that are most-needed in the community.
- On call services include: General surgery, Neurology, Gynecology, Orthopedics (including spine), Pulmonary, and Reconstructive surgery.
- Currently seeing around 4,000 patients per month in the ED
- Bedside ultrasound
- Intensivist program (12hr day shifts/12 hr night shifts
- Will have 5 hospitalists during day shifts (12hr shifts)
- Will have 2 hospitalists during night shifts (12hr shifts)
- NP coverage
- Active California Medical License
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Ideally 2 years of Hospitalist experience
- Team oriented/strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with nursing staff
About the Community:
Compton is located south of downtown Los Angeles. The city of Compton is one of the oldest cities in the county and on May 11, 1888, was the eighth city to incorporate. It is known as the "Hub City" due to its geographic centrality in Los Angeles County.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.