The Team – The Hospital
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
- 168 bed, all private rooms and 10 SNF beds
- Inpatient care for medical surgical intensive care, physical rehab, neurological, obstetrical, oncology, and behavioral medicine.
- 24 hour Emergency Department with 11% admits with an additional free standing ED located at Sentara BelleHarbour
- 12 bed open ICU; 2 Critical Care docs as backup
- Specialty backup includes General Surgery, Vascular, Cardiology, PC and Neuro (consult only) Nephrology, GI
- Advanced Imaging services, including MRI and CT
- Radiation therapies; infusion center; sleep disorder center
- Physical rehabilitation (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy)
- Diagnostic Cardiac
- Urgent Care (located at Sentara’s St. Luke’s’ Isle of Wright County)
- Occupational Medicine; Women’s Center
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- Open to internal medicine trained physicians
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply
Location and Lifestyle
Beaches, Beauty, Bountiful
Virginia is the gateway to the south and home to this vibrant, charming region, with a growing population of approximately 1.7 million. Whether you are driving north or south, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel showcases the mighty surge of the Atlantic Ocean, the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay and the soaring grace of an engineering marvel. Both a tourist attraction and travel convenience, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel connects Virginia’s Eastern Shore with the Virginia Mainland at Virginia Beach near Norfolk.
You will find you’re self-enamored with the Tidewater area. Famous for its military presence, history, beaches, saltwater fishing and attractions, Tidewater is an excellent family vacation destination. It has recreation, attractions, great accommodations and a nice climate. The area includes Virginia Beach, Little Creek, Norfolk, Waterside, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake and Suffolk. Just 90 minutes from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, you can take time to escape from your daily routine and indulge in some of the most well-known Outer Banks attractions: Wright Brother’s National Memorial, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, and Jockey’s Ridge State Park, North Carolina Aquarium.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Cindy Mitchum at 706-799-3592 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries held in confidence.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.