Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees a foundation, and the stability for continual growth and advancement. We have a reputation for treating our employees like we treat our patients – with care and dignity. Experience the difference, while making a difference. Begin your future today at VITAS Healthcare!
The Medical Director has the overall responsibility for medical direction of the care and treatment of the patients and their families rendered by the hospice care team. Consults with and cooperates with patient's attending physician. The Medical Director educates practicing physicians and others engaged in health care services regarding the hospice program and its potential benefits to patients.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology. Knowledge of palliative care with particular emphasis on control of symptoms associated with terminal illness. Ability to work collaboratively with patients' attending physicians to implement the hospice program and effect optimum medical care. Ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an interdisciplinary team. Membership in good standing on the medical staff of an accredited hospital in the state in which the hospice is located. Medical malpractice and liability insurance in amounts and with carriers satisfactory to VITAS.
- License to practice medicine in the state of Florida
- Board certification in a medical specialty which deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Oncology or Family Practice, with at least a working knowledge of medical oncology and demonstrated expertise in the principles of palliative medicine and symptom management
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology.
- Knowledge of palliative medicine, with particular emphasis on control symptoms associated with terminal illness.
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency to write scheduled prescriptions.
- Medical malpractice and liability insurance in amounts and with carriers satisfactory to VITAS.
Special Instructions to Candidates
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.