We are seeking a qualified Associate Medical Director Physician for an immediate opening. Our mission is to provide exceptional care and support to every individual and their loved ones as they fulfill life’s journey. Our vision is to create an environment in which life’s journey is cherished.
Our client offers the following benefits:
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 26 days PTO + 5 days CME
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability 100%
- Relocation assistance available
- Malpractice Covered by client
- Hospice and/or Palliative Care 100% Reimbursement
As a Hospice Associate Medical Director you will be responsible for Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Leadership Guidelines. Train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; guide employees; address complaints and resolve work related issues successfully.
Additional responsibilities for the Associate Medical Director Physician include:
- Provide medical care for patients assigned in person, by telephone communication with staff nurses, and by collaboration with ARNPs.
- Provide documentation in the patient record that meets criteria for good medical practice, addresses legal mandates, and adequately supports billing codes.
- Communicate successfully with other HealthCare Services employees, the public, and community physicians in a manner that represents our culture of a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Collaborate with clinical managers and IDG to provide information that will support continued hospice eligibility or make recommendations to the Recertification Committee for potential discharges.
- Assist the Medical Director in maintaining 24 hour, 7 day per week medical coverage for all Hospice facilities and services.
- Participate in medical staff/physician meetings and continuing medical education activities, and in management committees as delegated by the Medical Director.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities organized by the Quality Assurance Committee as appropriate.
- Follow federal and state laws regarding medication prescription
We are looking for a Associate Medical Director/Physician who is committed to providing exceptional patient care and service. It is important that you have a passion for the Hospice Industry and are comfortable working with the geriatric population.
Specific qualifications for the Associate Medical Director Physician role include:
- Doctorate degree in medicine or osteopathy from an accredited medical school with a current license to practice in the State of Florida is required.
- Must have or be eligible for membership in good standing on the medical staff of the accredited hospitals in the Hospice service area.
- Inpatient experience within the last two years is preferred.
- Other essential requirements include knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care; knowledge of palliative care with particular emphasis on control of symptoms associated with a terminal illness; knowledge of the local medical community and the ability to enhance, by association with the hospice, the hospice's visibility and reputation with practicing physicians and area hospitals; ability to work collaboratively with the patient's primary physician to interpret the hospice program and effect optimum medical care and the ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Must possess a valid Florida Drivers' License, current auto insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Florida.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have held any of the positions below, have any of the skills or experience listed below you may be a good fit for this position.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Patient Care
- Strategic Planning
- Clinical Management
- Home Health
send updated resume to Resume@theAcuityTeam.com