We are seeking a qualified Hospice Physician for an immediate opening. Our mission is to provide exceptional care and support to every individual and their loved ones as they fulfill life’s journey. Our vision is to create an environment in which life’s journey is cherished.
Our client offers the following benefits:
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 26 days PTO + 5 days CME
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability 100%
- Relocation assistance available
- Malpractice Covered by client
- Hospice and/or Palliative Care 100% Reimbursement
As a Hospice Physician you will be responsible for providing medical care for patients assigned in person, by telephone communication with staff nurses, and by collaboration with ARNPs. Additional responsibilities for the Hospice Physician include:
- Provide documentation in the patient record that meets criteria for good medical practice, addresses legal mandates, and adequately supports billing codes.
- Communicate successfully with other Services employees, the public, and community physicians in a manner that represents Hope’s culture of a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Collaborate with clinical managers and IDG to provide information that will support continued hospice eligibility or make recommendations to the Recertification Committee for potential discharges.
- Assist the Medical Director in maintaining 24 hour, 7 day per week medical coverage for all facilities and services.
- Participate in medical staff/physician meetings and continuing medical education activities, and in management committees as delegated by the Medical Director.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities organized by the Quality Assurance Committee as appropriate.
- Follow federal and state laws regarding medication prescription.
We are looking for a dedicated Hospice Physician who is committed to providing exceptional patient care and service. It is important that you have a passion for the Hospice Industry and are comfortable working with the geriatric population.
Specific qualifications for the Hospice Physician role include:
- Doctoral degree (M.D. or D.O.) from an accredited medical school.
- Eligibility for membership on the medical staff of hospitals in the HealthCare Services service area.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical care and palliative medicine.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Florida.
- Must possess and maintain board certification in his/her primary specialty. Certification of additional qualification in Geriatrics is preferred.
- Must have current registration with the DEA to prescribe controlled substances.
- Must be registered with Medicare and Medicaid Programs as a participating provider and have a UPIN.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the state of Florida, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have held any of the positions below, have any of the skills or experience listed below you may be a good fit for this position.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Patient Care
- Strategic Planning
- Clinical Management
- Home Health
send updated resume to Resume@theAcuityTeam.com