Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Hematology/Oncology Physician for the VA Medical Center near Albuquerque, New Mexico to work as a civilian contractor. Working for Loyal Source gives you the ability to work for the FASTEST growing provider of clinical services for the United States Government. Must have a current, unrestricted license in ANY STATE, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
JOB SNAP SHOT
Location: VA Medical Center located at/near Albuquerque, NM
- Board Certified or Eligible. Board Certified preferred
- DEA License
- Have a full and unrestricted license in a US state, territory or US commonwealth; speak English proficiently; be a US citizen;
- Professional degree and education applicable to medical staff members, e.g., MD, DO; be board certified or board eligible within 3 years of fellowship/residency (prefer board certified) provide evidence of current privileges (if applicable); provide names of most current employer(s) and two (2) peer reference contacts as identified in the Medical Center Bylaws; successfully complete the VAMC Lebanon’s Credentialing and Privileging process
- Contractor is responsible for keeping the VA COR apprised of anything that would adversely affect or otherwise limit their clinical privileges. Note: Failure to keep VA fully informed on these matters may result in removal from the contract.
- Possess demonstrated ability in the areas of interpersonal relations, critical thinking, and problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Contractor staff shall have a current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) licensure.
- Contractor shall provide copies of DEA cards for all staff providing services under this
Scope of Work:
- Required to prescribe controlled substances.
- Contractor staff shall complete VA mandatory privacy and information security training (as required by this PWS) and complete BLS training and keep BLS certifications current throughout the life of the contract. Copies of current certifications shall be provided to the COR.
- In addition, if providing medical services, Contractor staff shall attend CPRS training prior to providing any patient care services. Contractor staff shall document patient care in CPRS to comply with all VA and equivalent Joint Commission standards.
- Contractors shall be technically proficient in the skills necessary to fulfill the government’s requirements, including the ability to speak, understand, read and write English fluently. Contractor shall provide documents as needed to verify current and ongoing competency, skills, certification and/or licensure related to the provision of care, treatment and/or services performed.
- Contractor shall provide proof of the following tests for their staff within five (5) calendar days after contract award and prior to the first duty shift to the COR and Contracting Officer. Tests shall be current within the past year.
- TUBERCULOSIS TESTING: Contractor shall provide proof of a negative reaction to PPD testing for all Contractor staff. A negative chest radiographic report for active tuberculosis shall be provided in cases of positive PPD results. The PPD test shall be repeated annually.
- RUBELLA TESTING: Contractor shall provide proof of immunization for all Contractor staff for measles, mumps, rubella or a rubella titer of 1.8 or greater. If the titer is less than 1.8, a rubella immunization shall be administered with follow-up documentation to the COR. OSHA REGULATION CONCERNING OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE
- PATHOGENS: Contractors shall provide generic self-study training for all Contractor staff; provide their own Hepatitis B vaccination series at no cost to the VA if they elect to receive it; maintain an exposure determination and control plan; maintain required records; and ensure that proper follow-up evaluation is provided following an exposure incident.
- The Medicine Care Line at the NMVAHCS in Albuquerque, NM requires one (1) Board Certified/Board Eligible Hematology/Oncology Physician to provide services for the Hematology/Oncology department. The Department requires services for Outpatient Hematology/Oncology Clinic and Continuous Infusion Unit as well as consultative services in other inpatient areas of the medical center, i.e. Emergency Room, Intensive Care Units, Telemetry/Step-Down Units, General Medicine Ward and General Ward. The services to be performed by the contractor will be under the direction of: Chief Medicine Service or his/her designee
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, contact Jeff Shannonhouse at (407) 381-7734 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently available.