Vidant Medical Group is seeking an experienced, fellowship-trained, Board Certified Hematology Oncologist with an interest in growing a general oncology practice in historic Tarboro, North Carolina.
• New state of the art medical oncology facility to be built in 2017-2018
• Opportunity available due to expansion of cancer care network
• Affiliation with established Cancer Center (Leo Jenkins Cancer Center) and other regional oncologists
• Access to medical school based faculty and specialists including radiation oncologists, surgical oncologist, neuro specialists, etc
• Employed positions (non-academic)
• Hematology oncology fellowship required
• Built in referral network
• MSW trained patient navigator on-site
• Flexibility of living in historic Tarboro or nearby Greenville
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collections, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies. Vidant Health, a private not-for-profit organization, is one of the largest healthcare systems in North Carolina, serving more than 1.5 million people through its regional network of 8 hospitals serving 29 counties.
Vidant Edgecombe Hospital is a 117-bed acute care, not-for-profit hospital, located in Tarboro, North Carolina. As part of the Vidant Health Care System, patients in Tarboro have access to state-of-the-art services and resources provided by a 909-bed academic medical center. In addition, Vidant Edgecombe will begin construction on a brand new medical oncology facility in 2017 with plans to complete by 2018.
Nestled in eastern North Carolina, Tarboro is a growing community that maintains the relaxed ambiance of Southern living. From its scenic historic district, to unique town common, Tarboro offers residents a taste of Southern charm and hospitality. Residents enjoy a wide array of recreational opportunities including golf, water sports, and the arts. Located just 30 minutes from Greenville, one hour from Raleigh/RTP, and two hours from the North Carolina beaches, residents of this area have easy access to a wide variety of activities.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.