East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine and Vidant Health, a regional health system with 8 hospitals that serve 29 counties in eastern North Carolina, are recruiting a faculty position that will also serve as Executive Director of Vidant Health Cancer Care.
The Executive Director, Vidant Health Cancer Care, will lead all essential functions of the $180 million cancer hospital at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC that is scheduled to open in spring 2018. These essential functions include all clinical, operational, financial, and administrative services required to facilitate an infrastructure for the delivery of quality cancer patient care.
The Executive Director will also provide strategic direction and management for all cancer services provided by the Leo Jenkins Cancer Center in Greenville, NC and each of the 8 Vidant Health regional hospitals. The successful candidate will be expected to function as a professional leader; have success as a teacher and researcher; to be an effective supervisor, problem solver and change advocate, and to work effectively with senior administration.
- Establishing and maintaining a cancer care delivery model designed to meet the clinical needs of cancer patients
- Implementing standards and policies which ensure safe and efficient practices
- Collaborating with quality management and external regulatory and accrediting entities to ensure all mandated protocols and standards are met
- Ensuring policies and procedures are compatible with the function and mission of Vidant Health and the Brody School of Medicine
- Ensuring compliance with the applicable requirements of JCAHO and OSHA
- Ensuring fiscal sustainability and accountability
- Maintaining an active clinical practice
- Board certification as a Medical Oncologist, Gynecologist Oncologist, or a fellowship trained Surgical Oncologist
- 10 years of progressive clinical experience in the area of oncology
- 7 years senior leadership experience in an academic and/or clinical setting
- Eligibility for a North Carolina medical license
- MD or DO from an appropriately accredited institution
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.