About the Position:
- The Medical Director will provide leadership and guidance to the Center for Cancer Care to assist the program in meeting its short-term and long-term goals and continuing to operate and improve financial and quality performance.
- Provide clinical and administrative insight to assist the leadership team in meeting Quality of Care standards throughout the system.
- Provide clinical and operational insight into performance improvement efforts.
- Collaborate in eOAR and other quality, safety and/or efficiency initiatives, acting as the liaison with the other providers and encouraging provider compliance and commitment to the initiatives.
- Provide oversight in the EHR Care plan development and review based on NCCN guidelines.
- Attend Tumor Boards and facilitate collaborative discussions. Facilitate multidisciplinary treatment models and collaborate with the Chief of Medical Oncology at Winchester Hospital.
- Attend Grand Rounds at Winchester Hospital, and ensure participation of other medical oncologists and hematologists.
- Facilitate oncology disease specific sub-specialization.
- Facilitate the initiation and subsequent growth of a clinical research program in the Center for Cancer Care.
- Assist Center for Cancer Care and Hospital senior and medical leadership in marketing and growing the Oncology Service Line.
- Work collaboratively with other Medical Director leaders within the Lahey Health Cancer Institute across sites of service for the CMS Oncology Care Model Demonstration project.
- Work collaboratively with MOSAIQ/EPIC Reporting team and the OCM collaborative team to design operational and outcome reports.
- Provide leadership to the provider group, resolving conflicts and campaigning to create inter-collegial relationships among the provider peers.
- Will provide clinical hours in medical oncology for direct patient care and participate in the unassigned coverage schedule.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package, including Health and vacation.
To apply, please contact:
Job ID#: DD-1703-71257
Contact: Neal Fenster