San Antonio is a place where tradition and cosmopolitan style combine to make a city rich in culture, tradition and authentic experiences. The San Antonio River Walk features restaurants, boutiques, entertainment and some of the region’s richest historical and cultural sites along the serpentine route of the river. Additionally, picturesque small towns and a variety of outdoor adventures are just a short drive away from downtown San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country. The Government Canyon State Natural Area contains more than 40 miles of hiking and biking trails through rugged canyons, scenic overlooks, spring-fed creeks and rolling prairies. Here, visitors can enjoy bird watching, wildflowers and the rich cultural and natural history of the area. Other Hill Country favorites include the Lost Maples State Natural Area, Pedernals Falls State Park and Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. With a rich cultural and historical legacy, a thriving arts community and plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventures, San Antonio and the nearby Hill Country make for a perfect place to live and work.
Sound Physicians is committed to improve quality outcomes, reduce avoidable readmissions and enhance the patient experience. With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions during the critical, immediate post-discharge period. As part of our comprehensive episode of care strategy, the SNFist will lead our team of Transitional Care Providers in managing the care of our patients discharged from our Flagship Hospitalist programs. This Physician will be completely aligned and integrated with the physician hospitalist practice in San Antonio.
- Responsible for admissions and for executing the post discharge plan of care
- Responsible for ensuring safe discharge to home from the Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Provide a true continuum of care to our patients alongside our facility partners
- Oversees Nurse Practitioners Providing Transitional Care services in both the Home and Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Competitive compensation, eligible for quality and productivity bonuses
- Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, CME allowance, Malpractice Insurance and more
- Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology, mileage reimbursement, and flexible scheduling and a 5 day work week
- This is not shift work. You will work at your own pace and have the support of a team of advanced care providers and administrative staff
- MD or DO
- Minimum of 3+ Years of experience working with Geriatric population - Preferred
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice or Geriatric Medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.