Physicians Eldercare (PEC) is seeking BC/BE Geriatricians, Internists, and Family Practitioners to join our group of dedicated, experienced practitioners who provides comprehensive on-site medical care to patients in post-acute, rehabilitation, long term care, continuing care communities and assisted living centers.
The majority of our clinical practice involves directing and providing primary care to complex geriatric patients in skilled nursing facilities. Goals of care include medical stabilization, prevention of hospitalization, rehabilitation and end of life care.
As a member of the PEC team, you will be part of an exciting concept in the way medical care is delivered. PEC providers eliminate the barriers that keep many patients from seeking care. Our providers typically have more time to spend with patients and are therefore able to provide more patient-centered care at each visit.
The essential duties and responsibilities of a PEC Physician include the following:
Provide primary care services
- This includes, but is not limited to: diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance in the long term care setting.
- Approximately 15 patient visits per day
Physicians serve as the Medical Director in facilities
- Training provided through the practice and the American Medical Directors Association (AMDA)
- Participating in after hours and weekend telephone call coverage on a rotating basis
- Averages 2 weekday nights per month and one weekend every 3 month
- Nurse Practitioner/Physicians Assistant to assist in each building with patient care needs
Competitive annual salary with ability to earn incentive pay based on productivity
- Comprehensive 401k retirement plan
- Professional liability coverage
- Ample PTO and CME time
- Short Term Disability
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Current North Carolina medical licensure
- Current D.E.A. certification
- Board Eligible/ Certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR)