Provide in-patient and out-patient comprehensive primary care services including: preventive and health maintenance services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment as well as primary care consultation services to CFHC clinical staff and outside specialists who see CFHC patients.
Licensure: Florida License
Medical staff privileges at appropriate hospital if designated by CFHC.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS include, but are not limited to, the following.
1 . Be familiar with CFHC's program philosophies, goals, and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all CFHC's policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to disease management protocols, and key clinical pathways, and use them to improve clinical performance. Participate in Collaboratives and health care programs of federal and state governments approved by the Senior Management. Work with QI/RM to insure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete all required paperwork on time. (Payroll sheets, hospital encounter sheets, evaluations, EHR system processes, etc.)
- Understand the requirements of CFHC's Exposure Control Plan. Assure compliance with this plan by support staff assigned to assist you. Personally utilize universal precautions when practicing in the clinical setting.
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services for patients requiring services not offered at CFHC in coordination with referral clerks and nurses according to CFHC policy.
- Participate in staff outreach and off-site health care programs requiring Family Medicine services as requested by the CCO or CEO. Represent CFHC in the community.
- Precept Medical Students as assigned by CCO.
- Advise and assist ARNP's as needed in accord with approved protocols and procedures.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom care / services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of primary care protocols and patient education materials in collaboration with
CCO and DON
1 1 . Provide necessary information and signatures for participation in reimbursement arrangements, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
12. Review incoming reports (lab, x-ray, EKG, etc), sign-off, and follow up when indicated.
13. Maintain and enter patient records within EHR in a timely manner keeping most current data entered/updated in notes.
14. Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing requirements. Provide accurate coding information in EHR that corresponds to care given and documented in progress notes.
15. Rotate to other CFHC centers as needed to provide coverage.
16. Provide off-hours and Saturday clinic coverage as assigned by CCO.
17. Report as needed to CCO any pertinent information or situations that impact on patient care or CFHC liability.
18. Provide a leadership role for medical support staff. Provide support and encouragement to Nurse Supervisor and Center Supervisor.
19. Attend and participate in mandatory CFHC meetings (Center Specific quarterly meetings, Corporate meetings, and other meetings as designated by the CCO or CEO).
20. Participate in Peer Review activities as requested by CCO
21. Assist with the recruitment of other physicians and clinical staff in collaboration with HR and CCO.
22. Make recommendations to the CCO regarding the purchase of clinical supplies, instruments, equipment, and repair and/or maintenance of these.
23. Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other members of the clinical team. Be supportive of coworkers.
24. Maintain neat and professional appearance at all times.
25. Perform all surgical procedures using sterile techniques and CDC guidelines.
26. Carry out any other activities deemed appropriate by the CCO or CEO.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Subject to Change)
1 . Requires 80% or more time spent standing/walking.
- Independently mobile.
- Ability to lift weight equivalents to that would be required when occasionally assisting and positioning patients, repositioning equipment and lifting supplies.
Ability to adapt and function in varying environments of workload, patient acuity, worksites and work shifts.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.