Board Certified or recently Board Elegible
EUS & ERCP preferred
Live in eastern Minnesota, enjoy all the region has to offer with the outdoor activites. Community has lots to offer your family. Medical community is stable and progress.
This is a collegial Medical practice with a need NOW for another Gastroenterologist to join an established practice. Practice model also has time for interaction with the local Medical School and Residents.
This is truly a beautiful location not far from Minneapolis / St. Paul. Great schools, clean safe community, progressive and competitive medical community, yet collegial and friendly and do cross over call if needed.
People come from all over the country for the scenic beauty and water activities literally year round. Wonderful golf courses, I know I have played a fair number of them. Outdoor activities will only be limited by the amount of time you want to spend this is a four season destination for visitors from all over the US.
Several colleges, medical school for U of M as well as a few residency programs.
You could live here and be part of one of the major health providers in the community.
Four (4) full time GI physicians are currently staffing the department, need is due to "planned" retirement of one of the physicians.
General Clinic Information:
The Gastroenterology department specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive and intestinal tract and liver. Endoscopy procedures are carried out with support of expert teams in several locations in the main facility and two other locations.
- Colonoscopy, diagnostic and therapeutic
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Placement of Biliary Stents
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy
- Small Bowel Enteroscopy and Capsule Enteroscopy
- Management of Bleeding Ulcers
- Management of Liver Disease
Clinic Hours of Operation:
M-F 8:00am-5:00 pm
- GI Office is in the newest clinic space on campus – opened in fall 2013.
- Located 1 floor below clinic.
- New OR expansion opened Aug 2015 – self-contained unit
- Has 4 brand new endo suites
- 1 dedicated ERCP/advanced procedure room that can be used as an additional endo suite.
- Dedicated endo staff in OR. State of the art Olympus equipment.
- No one does biliary surgery here (tiny volume)
Typical Hours when not on call:
7:30 to 3:00 (procedures) 8:00 to 4:30 (office)
A typical week for a new physician
- Office New Patients: 10Office
- Follow-up Patients: 10
- Procedures: 45
- Manometry Patients: 4
- Capsule Endoscopy Patients: 4
- Average: 17-27 patients/day (as of meeting with docs on 9/15/15)
Currently providing service to 5 communities
MA’s 1:1 physician assist
- no mid-levels in the practice
- Population draw of 450,000.
- Health System employs physicians in Family Medicine and Internal Medicine that will refer to this group, as well as referrals from the ER.
- No peds; youngest they’ve seen is age 12 (they send most peds to UofM).
Call Schedule: 1:4; comfortable number for the group: would like to stay at 4 physicians.
Compensation & Fringe Benefits:
- Entire package will be explained in detail once we establish a mutual interest.
- Competitive Salary, $ 600.000
- Production incentive program as well
- Sign-on bonus, above average
- Full benefits, details will be shared
- Currently all the providers in the group do ERCP – this is a must for any new doc.
- Would ideally like someone that does EUS. Currently only one does EUS, however the others are getting trained and will be credentialed to perform the procedure.
We scheduled approximately 4,200 Endoscopy procedures in 2014.
2014 Outreach Endoscopy Scheduling
2014 Office Visit Main Campus and Outreach Volume (actual patients seen)
To learn more about this great opportunity and confidential consideration, please contact:
Tim Wieben, CMPE
Medical Recruitment Associates, Inc.
4007 North State Street, Ste. 102
Bismarck, ND 58503