To view, please copy and paste the following url:
JOB TITLE: Medical Officer (Family Practice)
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-17-GR-1810915-DH
SALARY RANGE: $99,785.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday 10/3/2016 to Tuesday 11/1/2016
SERIES & GRADE: GP-0602-15/15
WHO MAY APPLY: United States Citizens
- Participates directly in the medical care of patients, performing functions to the extent delineated by the medical staff privileging process.
- Provides direct care/services to pediatric, geriatric, adolescent and adult patients in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Provides therapeutic and preventive health services to individual patients, family members and patient groups as a primary health resource.
- Assesses and diagnoses needs and sets up a plan of action to meet identified needs by providing health services to individuals and families.
- Works closely with allied health professionals to utilize and coordinate the services of other health care professionals in the management of the patients medical, physiological and social issues.
- Orders, performs, and interprets tests and analyzes records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients condition.
- Documents appropriate medical records for all patients to ensure the accumulation and organization of pertinent clinical data to provide comprehensive medical care.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must have an active U.S. medical license
- Must have an M.D. or D.O.
All physicians must meet all three of the following basic requirements:
1. DEGREE - Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country.
2. GRADUATE TRAINING SUBSEQUENT TO DEGREE - 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., 1 year internship or the first year of a residency program. This graduate training must by approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the U.S. or Canada.
3. LICENSURE - Active, unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the U.S.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector. Physicians must meet the following requirements for the GP-14 grade level and above.
GP-14 GRADE LEVEL: 4 years of residency training in Family Medicine OR have equivalent training and work experience in Family Medicine that demonstrates the ability to provide patient care of an average difficulty and responsibility. Typically completion of full formal residency training (at least 4 years) required by specialty board or progressive experience equivalent in breadth and intensity.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.