1406 Fitch Street
San Antonio, Texas
Regular business hours (Monday thru Friday); limited evenings/weekends; no on-call responsibilities; competitive salary based on experience; annual CME and licensure allowance; robust benefits package including medical, dental and vision; voluntary life insurance; flexible spending account; employee assistance program; 401(k) plan and Roth 401(k); holiday, vacation and sick pay; health and wellness reimbursement; education reimbursement.
Serving Humanity to Honor God
We are here to improve the health of those least served in the 72 counties of South Texas identified as the Southwest Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church.
We are charged to provide innovative, effective and long-term physical, mental and spiritual resources to promote healing and wellness and to nurture wholeness of body, mind and spirit.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Provides primary medical patient care by interviewing, examining, and treatment of clinic patients.
- Ensures appropriate records, reports, claims and correspondences necessary and appropriate in connection with all examinations, procedures and other professional services rendered in the clinic are kept and maintained.
- Complies with Clinic policies regarding record keeping as related to charges and billing policies for patient’s services.
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as appropriate regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
- Provides medical services at the Clinic pursuant to agreed upon schedules.
- Provides appropriate coverage for services in the Clinic at all times.
- Participates in quality improvement and management, educational programs, or other patient care management programs established by or in conjunction with Clinic services.
- Oversees mid-level medical practitioners as assigned.
- Oversees nursing clinic staff.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduate of an accredited medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association. Documented appropriate continuing medication education commensurate with licensure. Two years related experience in hospital, clinical setting or related field preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to use original or innovative techniques or styles to provide effective communication on complex topics to management.
Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current State of Texas Medical License. Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified. Current DEA and Texas DPS licenses. Board Certified or eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
Demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and electronic health record software.
Ability to drive and have access to a car; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a medical office environment having direct contact with patients and clients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 15 pounds.