To view, please copy and paste the following url:
JOB TITLE: Medical Officer (FP, PC, IM, Peds) (Open Cont.)
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-16-GP-1787642-ESEP/MP
SALARY RANGE: $98,967.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday 8/30/2016 to Tuesday 8/29/2017
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0602-14/14
WHO MAY APPLY: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
- Serves as a Medical Officer by performing diagnosis, prevention, therapy, maintenance and rehabilitation of patients of all ages for the patients seen at the Rapid City IHS Inpatient/Outpatient Clinic.
- Attends the beneficiaries of the Rapid City IHS in the Inpatient/Outpatient facilities assigned. Visits assigned inpatients and records their progress in their medical record on a daily basis when the position includes inpatient duties.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families with multiple health problems and of different backgrounds.
- Educates individuals in the nature of health related conditions recommended and in the general promotion of health and the prevention of disease.
- Ensures appropriate medical records are maintained and updated.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- A Current Unrestricted Professional License is required (Submit Copy).
- Position subject to Level V Background clearance including credit check.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS A-C:
A. A Doctorate Degree in Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).] Must submit official or unofficial copy of transcripts (official transcripts must be provided before EOD) showing doctorate degree conferred. If applicable, must supply ECFMG or fifth pathway certificate.
B. MEDICAL LICENSE: A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
C. RESIDENCY: Four (4) years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent Specialized experience and training.
Specialized Experience is considered experience independently performing in-depth care of patients by examining, diagnosing, and treating patients in an Inpatient/Outpatient setting. (You must provide clear documentation in your application of how you meet this qualification requirement, including any necessary transcripts, certificates, licenses, diplomas, etc.).
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.