The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University seeks a board–certified/board eligible Family Medicine or Med/Peds physician for their Firetower Medical Office.
Job Highlights include:
• Join six primary care providers in a state-of-the-art medical practice located off-campus that is designed for convenient and comprehensive medical care with a patient focus
• Responsibilities include a variety of teaching, clinical, and scholarly activities
• Duties include outpatient primary care. On-call responsibilities will also be assigned for regular schedule and designated holidays on a rotating basis.
• Tenure track or fixed term position available at the Assistant Professor level or higher
• Strong nationally known faculty including over thirty family physicians, in addition to researchers, behavioralist, nutritionist, and educators.
The Department of Family Medicine at East Carolina University, Brody School of Medicine is a nationally recognized leader in Family Medicine education. The Family Medicine Department is located in a 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility. The Department provides a wide variety of service including comprehensive primary care for all age groups, procedural skills, obstetrical care, nutrition services, counseling and psychological support in an integrated care model.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.