Facility: Transitional Care Facility
Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (5 days a week) or 10-hour schedule (3 days a week)
Salary & Benefits: 220K Annually plus bonus compensation -
In addition to the Great benefits package, you will also be eligible for:
· 31 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 1-week sick time
· 5 days of annual leave for approved Continuing Medical Education credits
· Professional liability insurance covering your responsibilities while employed by us
· Reimbursement of fees for professional licensure, hospital staff and professional society membership, educational conferences, and the cost of professional books and journals, as provided for in the approved annual budget
· Works in office area(s) as well as on nursing units, resident rooms and in examination rooms.
· Moves intermittently during working hours.
· Is subject to frequent interruptions.
· Is involved with residents, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
· Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff and visitors.
· Is involved in community/civic health matters/projects, as appropriate.
· Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
· May be subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke and other air contaminants.
· May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
· Maintains liaison with residents/patients, families, other staff and agencies, to meet medical care needs.
· Follows established procedures governing the handling and disposal of infectious waste.
· Must possess, as a minimum, a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy Degree (D.O.) from an accredited college of medicine or osteopathy.
· Must be knowledgeable of clinical geriatrics and long-term care medical practices.
· Must be knowledgeable of the rules and regulations governing medical and nursing care in long-term care facilities.
· Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy in New York.
· Must provide documentation of such licensure upon application for the position.
· Must be eligible for professional liability insurance in the amount required by the Home.
· Must be eligible for appointment to the medical staff of hospitals utilized by the Home.