Our client seeks primary care physicians to serve as clinicians for members group of a large self-funded health plan located in Las Vegas, NV. This position is ideal for a physician who has been looking for a chance to make meaningful impact on the lives of people and shape the future of health care. The physician will have the time, the tools and the support to help make patients better without the reimbursement constraints associated with traditional medical practice.
- $190,000 to $215,000 base salary, plus bonus, and full range of benefits, malpractice insurance, and relocation package
- Limited call (phone only)
- The physician should expect to see 15 to 20 patients per day , allowing for time to engage and educate your patients
- Supported by mid-level providers and medical assistants that will assist in the overall program and will coach employee behavior changes
- Very low turnover rate for physicians in similar positions since firms founding due to the professional mission and work/life balance
This innovative healthcare organization offers a unique solution to employers to reduce and manage their healthcare costs by acting as their Health Asset Manager. Through a process of Assess => Deliver => Engage => Align, the physician will influence employee behavior in the areas of wellness, prevention, chronic disease management, and behavior modification.
The company provides leading edge tools, including: health risk assessments, remote monitoring software for high risk patients, a 24-hour nurse hotline, an electronic medical record, claims analysis, and a unique rewards program to incentivize employee behavior.
- Board certified in family medicine, internal medicine or pediatrics; experience in Sports and/or Occupational Medicine would be beneficial to the program
- Thorough understanding and commitment to the principle of wellness and prevention
- Skilled and effective at encouraging changes in behavior and the ability to hold individuals responsible for their own health and well-being
- Serves as a role model for the principles of a healthy lifestyle
- Able to construct, implement and follow a strategic plan in order to manage the overall company’s healthcare program and associated costs
- Effective in chronic disease management, with the ability to build constituency and develop relationships with high quality and low cost specialists
- Excellent people skills and the ability to relate to employees
- Fluency in the Spanish language preferred