Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director at the Westville Correctional Facility located in Westville, IN
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Medical Director
* License to practice medicine in the state of Indiana (Reimbursement
* Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
* Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required
Corizon Health Medical Directors serve as the responsible Physician and health authority within our medical units. Medical Directors provide overall supervision for clinical services for the site as well as serve as liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and are available to provide on-call services as needed.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Medical Director
* Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
* Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
* Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff.
* Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
* Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
Benefits of a Corizon Health Medical Director
* 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Medical & Dental
* Company matched retirement plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Paid malpractice
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=TWljaGFlbC5DbGFyay4xNjY4OC4zNTc3QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t