Southern Illinois University School of Medicine is seeking a full-time faculty member to join the SIU Family and Community Medicine Program in Decatur, IL. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in the expansion and enhancement of a family medicine program that is vital to improving the health of the people and communities of central Illinois.
The Residency Program in Decatur is one of four regionally based training programs dedicated to providing medical care and improving the health status of the people of Illinois through educational and research programs. SIU FM Decatur’s commitment to educational excellence is evident by the vision, development and implementation of their Simulation Lab. The Lab integrates the latest advances in technology with the curriculum for advanced medical training.
SIU Decatur Family Medicine has received recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home focusing patient care not just on acute problems but rather on the overall health of the patient and their family. The Family Medicine Residency Program is accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The Program consists of 15 family medicine residents, graduating 5 residents per year.
For additional information on the program in Decatur, please visit http://www.siumed.edu/dfpc/.
Highlights of the position and area include:
- Enjoy working with 7 board certified family medicine physicians, 3 advanced practice providers and 1 behavior scientist.
- Enjoy autonomy in developing your practice interest. Specialty niche welcomed (i.e. women’s health, sports, memory, geriatrics, etc.).
- Work schedule includes outpatient clinic and inpatient rounding 1:5 weeks.
- Supervise and oversee educational programs for medical students, resident physicians and physician assistants.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits package including signing bonus and University funded malpractice plan.
- Decatur is ranked 1st in Illinois for Best Places in the Nation for Physicians and Surgeons. The community offers safe, family oriented neighborhoods, excellent schools and an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities including Lake Decatur. For additional information, visit www.decaturcitylimitless.com.
Qualifications: Must be board certified in Family Medicine. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Demonstrated background and interest in academics required.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
Jordan Search Consultants c/o Sheila Bixler by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 636.294.6082.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.