AFC Urgent Care of Santa Clarita is seeking a Medical Director/Lead Physician. This can be a Full Time or Part Time position.
Located in an attractive suburban setting of Santa Clarita, our state-of-the-art center is designed to deliver high-quality healthcare with an outstanding customer service experience. Our Physicians have the privilege of treating pediatric and adult patients presenting with a broad array of medical conditions. Our facility includes on-site laboratory, digital x-ray services, and medical dispensary.
The Medical Director will enjoy helping build a company culture designed to make our professionals successful and proud of their work. Ideal candidates should be Board Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine, possess strong organizational and administrative skills as well as outstanding clinical competence and patient “bedside” manner.
AFC Santa Clarita is open 7 days per week giving the Medical Director/Lead Physician flexibility in the days and shifts worked.
• Direct the staff in support of the care of our patients
• Supervise laboratory and X-Ray technicians
• Supervise Mid-Level providers
• Ability to develop policies regarding consistent medical practice by the providers
• Ensure proper follow-up, perform chart review, and ensure all policies are followed
• Ensure that medical records are completely and correctly documented – retraining staff physicians when needed
• Compile QA data and address with staff providers as needed
• Oversee Occupational Health and Travel Medicine Programs
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Board Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine with at least 3 years ER/Urgent Care experience
• Full, unrestricted California medical license & DEA
• Minimal to no malpractice history
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent US Visa
Located in north Los Angeles County, just a quick 20-minute drive from Burbank Bob Hope Airport.
Home to Six Flags Magic Mountain & Hurricane Harbor
Santa Clarita boasts abundant sunshine, a unique blend of upscale sophistication and small town charm, historic elements, destination dining, signature shopping, golf, outdoor adventure, and a variety of world-class events, scenic drives, attractions, and accommodations.