The East Carolina University Department of Family Medicine seeks a Board-Certified Family Medicine Physician with a CAQ and experience in sports medicine.
The faculty member will join the department's Sports Medicine Division and will participate in a variety of teaching, clinical, and scholarly activities.
Clinical care and teaching of sports medicine fellows, students and residents (FM and PMR) will occur in sports medicine clinic, family medicine clinic, when attending on the family medicine inpatient service, and during sporting event coverage.
The Sports Medicine Division includes an accredited Sports Medicine Fellowship program. The Division enjoys excellent relationships with the community's orthopedic practice along with the University's exercise physiology, biomechanics, and physical therapy programs.
The Division's faculty also serve occasionally when needed for back-up event coverage and as consultants for advanced injections with the University's NCAA Division I athletics program.
The Sports Medicine Clinic has capabilities for advanced procedures including musculoskeletal ultrasound.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Fixed term or tenure track position at the title/rank of Assistant Professor or higher available.
Board-certified in Family Medicine
CAQ in Sports Medicine
NC Medical License or eligible
MD or DO from an appropriately accredited institution
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.