Associate Program Director/Family Medicine Residency Program
Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) affiliated with a strong Family Medicine program is seeking an Associate Program Director for its strong Family Medicine Residency program. This organization is located in a welcoming western NY family oriented community (in close proximity to Buffalo, NY)!
- This physician is responsible for assisting in developing, directing, and managing the Family Medicine Residency Program - Rural Training Track.
- The Acting Program Director will maintain appropriate oversight and guidance of the rural residency training program. This will include evaluation of teaching faculty in the training track and management of the educational component within the family medicine center.
- The role includes assuring compliance with program requirements, maintenance of accreditation, curriculum development, financial and human resources management, resident evaluation and assessment, and recruitment.
- Typical schedule: 5 days/week (two 3.5 hour sessions/day & three days residency program director which includes admin & precepting time)
- Minimal inpatient pediatric coverage required
- OP medical phone call: Generally 1/8
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Current board certification in Family Medicine
- Member of Department Faculty Management Clinical Practice Plan
- 5-10 years clinical experience plus demonstrated leadership or administrative experience
Competitive salary Plus $6,000 Potential Quality Bonus
Sign on Bonus
CME time and stipend
Professional Dues and publications stipend
Guaranteed Loan Repayment up to $25,000/year
Required to apply through National Health Service Corps
H-1B candidates will be considered
Length of contract : Three years (renewable annually after that)
Full Benefits package:
4 weeks of Paid Time off plus holidays
Retirement 403B, plus employer matching
Malpractice insurance: Covered by Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA)
- University community in western NY (close proximity to Buffalo) offers a center for the arts as well as both a community symphony and theater.
- Abundance of family activities and 4 seasons of outdoor recreation! – skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, boating, golfing, etc!
- Only thirty minutes to New York State’s largest ski resort.
- Community offers top rated schools , a low cost of living and diverse real estate choices!
BC Family Medicine
5-10 years clinical experience
Demonstrated leadership experience