Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Associates has an exciting practice opportunity for a board-certified or board-eligible Endocrinologist at one of our Las Vegas, Nevada clinics. This is an employed practice position, 100% outpatient, no nights or weekends.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of care, evaluation and management of patients with diseases of the endocrine system.
- Scientific knowledge, scientific method of problem solving, evidence-based decision making
- Understands and treats diseases of endocrine glands, such as the thyroid and adrenal glands
- Deals with disorders such as diabetes, metabolic and nutritional disorders, pituitary diseases and menstrual and sexual problems
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Internal Medicine followed by an accredited fellowship in Endocrinology
- Active and unrestricted licensure in the State of Nevada or eligibility to be licensed
- Must be board certified or board eligible in specialty
- Injection skills for medication administration, specialty based skills for endocrinology
- In addition to clinical skills, must possess effective interpersonal and communication skills and professionalism with an emphasis on integrity, a commitment to excellence and ethical principles of clinical care
- Ability to exercise confidentiality of patient information, informed consent, business practices and demonstration of respect and regard for the needs of the patients
- Computer literacy
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sorry,this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.