Hospital looking for Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Emergency Medicine physician or Family Practice/Internal Medicine with ED experience in central Wyoming. The schedule will be 12 hour shifts and the current ED volume is about 35 to 40 patients in a day. The salary will be competitive, based on training and experience. Relocation assistance is provided. Additional financial incentives may include sign-on and student loan repayment. The hospital is a Level III Trauma center located near the Wind River Arapahoe and Shoshone reservation. There is a variety of trauma and illness cases ranging from pediatrics to the elderly and there is good support from the local trauma surgeons. Severe traumatic injuries, requiring a higher level of care are transferred via Wyoming Lifeflight. The ED is a six-bed unit, two of which are trauma/critical care bays. Specialty physicians in the area include general surgery, pediatrics, ENT, OB/GYN, podiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation and interventional pain. The area offers abundant outdoor activities and the schools are some of the best in the state. Unable to consider visa candidates for this position.
Expect the following:
- Single Coverage
- Rural 80 beds, Level III Trauma
- ED VOLUME: 12,000 visits per year
- Excellent Compensation, plus paid malpractice as an independent contractor
- Great support from the local trauma surgeons
- Sever traumatic injuries, requiring a higher level of care are transferred to Wyoming Medical Center in Casper via Wyoming Lifeflight
- Admission rate varies between 10-13%
- 6 bed ER with 2 trauma/critical care bays.
- MedHost EMR
- PHYSICIAN SPECIALTIES AVAILABLE TO THE ED: Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Hospitalists, Orthopedics, OB/GYN, Pediatrics
City of 10,000 and county of 40,000. It is supported by energy exploration, ranching, farming, and education. The Wind River Reservation is nearby, and outdoor recreation is plentiful. Great fly fishing 45 minutes NW in Wind River Mountains.
Contact: Neal Fenster