Be a part of building the foundation of Sound’s brand in emergency medicine and play an integral role in establishing our culture for the emergency medicine physician and total patient experience.
You are joining an organization that has proven success in the acute episode of care (hospital medicine, critical care medicine, and transitional care medicine). We are focused on helping you build your emergency medicine career.
- Physicians are employed with group benefits
- Continuous training and education through the SoundInstitute™
- Excellent compensation plan
- Relocation package and sign-on bonus available
- Paid malpractice and tail
- Paid CME
- Excellent subspecialty backup
- 200 hospital beds, 30 ED beds with an annual ED volume of 33,000
- 36 hours of Physician ED coverage (12 hour shifts)
- Advanced Practice Practitioner 20 hours of coverage per day (10 hour shifts)
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
Sound Physicians manages Thomas Memorial’s Hospitalist program. Thomas Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit healthcare facility, located in South Charleston, West Virginia and opened almost 70 years ago. Offering supportive, compassionate care, advanced technology and services, and something truly special - the dedication to employees, physicians and volunteers, who are the true heart and spirit of our hospital.
Southern West Virginia is a wonderful place to live, work and play. Boasting four spectacular seasons and one of the Nation’s lowest crime rates, West Virginia is a beautiful and safe place to raise your family and to spend your retirement years. There are great opportunities for continuing education and several agencies in place for those seeking employment.
- Several suburban communities surround the city of Charleston, including the upscale community of South Charleston which is home to just over 13,000 residents
- Many cultural and recreational activities available including the Sunrise Museum, WV Symphony, the State Capital Cultural Center and the Clay Center for Performing Arts
- Easy drive to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Washington, DC and Charlotte
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.