The Emergency Physician will work in a brand-new, free-standing ER, providing medical treatment to patients requiring acute and life-saving care.
POSITION / RESPONSIBILITIES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Treat patients who have life-threatening conditions
- Resuscitate or stabilize patients
- Often work as part of a team, with physicians of other specialties and other members of the emergency room staff
- Must evaluate a wide variety of ailments, sometimes with little to no information
- Must be able to think and act quickly to make a tentative diagnosis and determine the appropriate course of treatment
- Must be able to react quickly and make crisp decisions in an atmosphere of crisis
- Refer patients to the appropriate medical departments
- Treats patients in emergency room to ensure proper injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment, and recovery
- Requests necessary tests and follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary Requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice.
- May require at least 1-2 years of emergency unit experience.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a specific field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
May report to a medical director, practice administrator and/or physician owner
The work environment may include exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations and other conditions common to an Emergency Room / Hospital environment. Work will involve in-person interaction with co-workers and management and / or clients. Work may require minimal travel by automobile to other office sites.
- Annual Salary: $225,000 +
- Sign-on Bonus: $10,000
- A Texas-based, physician-owned group
- An Atmosphere promoting work-life balance
- Student loan assistance optional
- Twenty (20) minutes from Sundance Square, downtown Fort Worth.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate prerequisite courses
- Medical degree
- Emergency medicine residency
- Family medicine residency (Must have 2+ years ER exp.)
- Internal medicine residency (Must have 2+ years ER exp.)
REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Board Certification / Board Eligible (Emergency, Family, Internal Medicine)
- Current / Unrestricted Texas State license
- ATLS, BLS, ACLS and PALS
Specialty / Modality: Family Medicine / Internal Medicine / Emergency Medicine
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters. Thank you.