East Carolina University’s Department of Emergency Medicine, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking Pediatric and Adult Emergency Medicine physicians to join a growing department. Greenville is a collegial, family-oriented community. The area boasts a low cost of living, affordable housing, and is located just 90 miles from the beautiful NC coastline.
- Vidant Medical Center, a 900+ bed, Level 1 trauma, cardiac, and regional stoke center
- Service area is 1.5 million people in eastern NC
- State-of-the-art ED serves more 120,000 patients per year
- 16-bed Pediatric Emergency Department opened in July 2012
- 197-bed Children’s Hospital opened June 2013
- 58-bed general Emergency Department
- 46 member Department of Emergency Medicine faculty
- Well-established Emergency Medicine residency program with 42 resident physicians
- 84 member Department of Pediatrics faculty across 17 subspecialties
- Excellent Pediatrics residency program
Candidates must possess outstanding clinical skills, and be board certified in Emergency Medicine or Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University:
Emergency Medicine is one of 12 clinical departments of the School of Medicine. The school provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training, offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students, and improving the health of our communities. ECU physicians, the clinical practice for the Brody School of Medicine, are the leading multi-specialty practice in eastern North Carolina.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.