Alpena, Michigan, Sanctuary of the Great Lakes, is an active and engaging community known for its outdoor activities and laid back lifestyle. Excellent housing options vary from historical homes to the privacy of rustic settings with shopping & recreational opportunities nearby. Outdoor Life is the name of the game – hiking, biking, and kayaking, canoeing, camping, hunting and fishing, and shipwreck tours are within minutes. Recreational and leisure activities for the entire family. Museums, historic landmarks, golf courses, festivals, and endless year-round events offer the sort of lifestyle a family would want.
Be a part of building the foundation of Sound's brand in emergency medicine at Mid-Michigan Medical Center - Alpena, a member of Mid-Michigan Health, and play an integral role in establishing our culture for the emergency medicine physician and total patient experience. You are joining an organization that has proven success in the acute episode of care (hospital medicine, critical care medicine, and transitional care medicine). We are focused on helping you build your emergency medicine career.
- 139 bed hospital; 21 bed ED (one year old)
- Brand new Bedside Ultrasound
- CT/Ultrasound 24/7
- Excellent medical staff
- Sound Physicians staff and manages the hospital medicine program
- Volume of ED - 24,000
- 36 hours of physician coverage; Physician Shifts: 7a-7p, 11a-11p, and 7p-7a
- High Acuity
- McKesson EMR
- Excellent Compensation Plan
- Employee Relationship with Group Benefits
- 401k and CME Reimbursement Account
- Malpractice and Tail paid by Sound Physicians
- Generous Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.