Emergency Medicine Physician
Mercy Medical Center
***$25,000 sign on bonus is available***
This busy 26 bed emergency department sees an average of 64,000 patients annually. There are 45 hours of physician coverage daily and 40 hours of AHP coverage. Mercy Merced provides the opportunity to teach in the Family Practice Residency Program. Here are some facts about MMCM:
- 9 hour shifts
- Double coverage
- Strong leadership and team-oriented staff
- High acuity clinical practice
- On call services: All major specialties covered including GI and Cardiology 24/7
- Excellent ED Nurses, Techs, and ancillary staff
- Adult Hospitalist program
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Emergency Medicine residency trained
- Primary Care Specialty with 1 year ED experience with current ACLS, PALS, ATLS, NRP certification
About the Community:
Merced is located in the heart of California’s agricultural Central Valley. It’s a dynamic, mid-size community, with a friendly small town atmosphere. UC Merced provides new educational and economic opportunities to the already established growth of the region. Merced’s population is youthful and diverse and includes an affordable housing market and within 2 to 3 hours of San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Yosemite and the Wine Country.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.