Emergency Medicine Physician
Woodland HealthCare (WH) is a 50 bed acute care facility located 2 hours northeast of the San Francisco bay area and just 15 minutes northeast of Sacramento. The 17 bed ED’s average volume is 20,000 patient visits annually. Woodland is an Accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center, as well as a Child-Friendly Emergency Department with wait times of 20 minutes or less. Physicians provide 24 hours of daily coverage, Allied Health Providers are available 10 hours Tuesdays- Thursday and 16 hours Friday-Monday and holidays. Here are some facts about WH:
- 12 hour shifts
- On call services: FM/IM for admissions, Peds, OB/GYN, Surgery, Ortho, ICU, Cardiology
- Excellent ED Nurses, Techs, and ancillary staff
- Excellent Multi-specialty clinic attached; Adjacent urgent care center with PA’s
- Excellent Case mixture
- Adult Hospitalist program
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- ACLS and PALS certification
- Emergency Medicine residency trained
- Primary Care residency trained with 1 year of ED experience
About the Community:
Known as the “City of Trees”, Woodland is on the western outskirts of Sacramento. Located near the State Capital and UC Davis, Woodland offers affordable living in a friendly, safe, and caring community with lots of sports and recreation.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.