Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is located in the Sonoran Desert surrounded by the beautiful Santa Catalina Mountains. The revitalized downtown with its motorized street cars offers incredible nightlife, excellent restaurants, vintage shopping, and art galleries galore. With more than 350 days of sun per year, outdoor activities abound including hiking, rock climbing, biking, and star gazing after the beautiful sunsets. These are only some of the reasons Tucson was selected by Business week magazine as one of the Best Places to Raise Kids.
Be a part of building the foundation of Sound's brand in emergency medicine at Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital and play an integral role in establishing our culture for the emergency medicine physician and total patient experience. You are joining an organization that has proven success in the acute episode of care (hospital medicine, critical care medicine, and transitional care medicine). We are focused on helping you build your emergency medicine career.
- 300 bed community medical center
- 51,000 ED volume
- 54 bed ED
- 72 hours of physician coverage 7 days a week (9 hour shifts)
- 21 hours of mid-level coverage 7 days a week
- EM docs average 1.7-1.8 pts per hour
- Full Time: minimum 120 hours a month
- EMR: Cerner
- Excellent backup including Ultrasound/CT 24/7 and MRI 24/7 (truly emergent cases)
- Closed ICU
- Sound Physicians also staffs the Hospital Medicine Program
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- All-private bed, state-of-the-art Emergency Center
- Excellent pay and commencement bonus
- Full benefits, 401K, liability with tail coverage with FT employment
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.