Fellowship Site Director
Mercy Merced Medical Center
The Fellowship Site Director will oversee the training of VEP’s Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program. This busy 26 bed emergency department sees an average of 64,000 patients annually. There are 45 hours of physician coverage daily and 40 hours of AHP coverage. Mercy Merced provides the opportunity to also teach in the Family Practice Residency Program. We are looking for an exceptional Physician to become the Fellowship Site Director at this facility. In addition to a full complement of shifts, the Director will work closely with the VEP administration in support of VEP’s agenda of high quality, efficient, and compassionate care.
Facts About Mercy Merced Medical Center
- 9 hour shifts
- Double coverage
- Strong leadership and team-oriented staff
- High acuity clinical practice
- On call services: All major specialties covered including GI and Cardiology 24/7
- Excellent ED Nurses, Techs, and ancillary staff
- Adult Hospitalist program
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Emergency Medicine residency trained and board certified
- Family Medicine trained and board certified with extensive experience working in an emergency department with current ACLS, PALS, ATLS, NRP certification
About the Community:
Merced is located in the heart of California’s agricultural Central Valley. It’s a dynamic, mid-size community, with a friendly small town atmosphere. UC Merced provides new educational and economic opportunities to the already established growth of the region. Merced’s population is youthful and diverse and includes an affordable housing market and within 2 to 3 hours of San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Yosemite and the Wine Country.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with pension plan administration, flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a stockholder which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Fellowship Site Directors receive an additional stipend.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.