Our client hospital is consistent in high patient satisfactory survey scores. The brand new hospital building opened in 2012 with a 12 bed ED. We are looking for an exceptional Emergency Medicine Physician to become the Medical Director at the site. In addition to a full complement of shifts, the Medical Director will work closely with the hospital administration in support of VEP’s agenda of high quality, efficient, and compassionate care. The successful candidate should have significant experience and involvement in ED administrative activities (e.g., quality improvement, patient satisfaction, productivity, scheduling, etc.) and productive membership on ED and/or hospital committees. Here are some facts about our client hospital:
- Approximately 20,000 patient visits annually
- 24 hours of physician coverage and 12 hours of AHP coverage daily
- 12 hour shifts
- On call services include: FP, IM, GS, Trauma Surgeons, Ortho, ENT, Radiology and Urology
- Excellent ED Nurses, Techs, and ancillary staff
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- ACLS and NRP certification
- PALS must be a certified course by the American Heart Association
- Emergency Medicine residency trained
- 3 years of management level experience in a clinical setting
- Primary Care Boarded (or eligible) with 1 year of ED experience
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans. Medical Directors and Associate Medical Directors receive an additional stipend based on patient volume.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.