Our client hospital is a 25 bed critical access hospital staffed by highly qualified physicians and a specially trained staff. The Emergency Department sees about 7,800 patients per year and has 24 hours of physician coverage daily. We are looking for an exceptional Emergency Medicine Physician to become the Medical Director at the site. In addition to a full complement of shifts, the Medical Director will work closely with the hospital administration in support of VEP’s agenda of high quality, efficient, and compassionate care. The successful candidate should have significant experience and involvement in ED administrative activities (e.g., quality improvement, patient satisfaction, productivity, scheduling, etc.) and productive membership on ED and/or hospital committees.
- California Medical License
- Completion of Emergency Medicine or Primary Care residency training
- Current ATLS and ACLS certifications
- DEA License with California registration
- 3 years of management level experience in a clinical setting
- ABEM/ABOEM Boarded or Board Eligible
- Boarded in a Primary Care specialty with at least one year of Emergency Medicine experience
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans. Medical Directors and Associate Medical Directors receive an additional stipend based on patient volume.
this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.