The Intensivist Group is part of Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization focused on improving quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
The Intensivist Group is pleased to announce our newest partnership with Nyack Hospital, a member of the Montefiore Health System, in Nyack, New York. The Intensivist team will provide Critical Care services to 19 Critical Care beds in the 375 bed acute care facility serving Rockland County.
The Critical Care Program Medical Director will be responsible for the Intensivist team which is comprised of 3 Critical Care Physicians and 1 Critical Care Advanced Practice Provider providing coverage in the hospitals step-down unit.
- Developing and implementing evidence based protocols, practice guidelines, and order sets that form the core of TIGs intensivist program
- Defining and managing work allocation and work flow processes of program clinical and physician staff
- Participating in ICU related quality and data management
- Serving in a partnership role with Sound Physicians and The Intensivist Group in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Orienting and training new physicians
- Managing relationships with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital
- Supporting all existing standardized processes, tools, and services
- Championing change management and required expectations during the implementation of a new Intensivist program
- Facilitating cooperation with other key inpatient physician care providers such as hospitalists and emergency physicians to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy, and development
- Overseeing ICU throughput
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine and able to obtain a New York medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking, and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytics
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a Critical Care Physician Director
- Demonstrate previous leadership and management skills
- Comprehend physician services documentation and coding compliance requirements
- Understand techniques of financial decision making
- Skilled in physician recruitment and retention practices
- Experienced in quality improvement initiatives
Location and Lifestyle
Nyack Hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physician’s with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorships. Intensivist team members will be welcomed by the growing medical staff and are expected to be active members of the medical team.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.