The Team – The Hospital
The Intensivist Group, a physician established and physician led group and a Sound Physicians affiliate, is celebrating 15-years as a leading national provider of high quality and efficient critical care services to community hospitals. We improve patient care, patient, nursing, physician satisfaction, and quality outcomes while reducing hospital costs and risk. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way Critical Care is provided, focusing on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
The Intensivist Group’s model is designed to ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that drives improved outcomes within a culture that promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose.
Please visit The Intensivist Group for more information.
The Intensivist Group is pleased to announce a new partnership with a three hospital health system in South East Florida. The Intensivist team will provide Critical Care services at three hospitals within the system for a total of 434 beds. The health system is a not-for-profit, community based healthcare organization serving the residents in this welcoming coastal community.
The Critical Care Program Medical Director will be responsible for the Intensivist team to include approximately 7 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers.
Director Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and implementing evidence based protocols, practice guidelines, and order sets that form the core of TIGs intensivist program
- Defining and managing work allocation and work flow processes of program clinical and physician staff
- Participating in ICU related quality and data management
- Serving in a partnership role with Sound Physicians and The Intensivist Group in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Orienting and training new physicians
- Managing relationships with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital
- Supporting all existing standardized The Intensivist Group processes, tools, services
- Championing change management and required expectations during the implementation of a new Intensivist program
- Facilitating cooperation with other key inpatient physician care providers such as hospitalists and emergency physicians to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy, and development
- Overseeing ICU throughput
- Must be board certified in Critical Care Medicine and able to obtain a Florida medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a Critical Care physician Director
- Demonstrate previous leadership and management skills
- Comprehend physician services documentation and coding compliance requirements
- Understand techniques of financial decision making
- Skilled in physician recruitment and retention practices
- Experienced in quality improvement initiatives
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Shelly Spatafore at 864-228-0352 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries held in confidence.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.